Saturday, July 5, 2014

 Islands of trees amid a sea of corn. 


So simple, so lovely, yet the dreaded enemy of gardeners and farmers.

The dogs and I walked the length of our lane today.  A lovely day after a month of almost daily rain.  Everything is amazingly green.  Ireland, step aside, nothing is greener than spring time Illinois after a prolonged rainy season.  

This little wren chose the bird house right outside the dining room door.  How can such a tiny bird have such a big voice.  He sings all day long with very brief spells of quiet while he grabs a bug for the family.  


Cedar waxwings,  juvenile robins, and a catbird spent the day stripping the ripe fruit off my  amelanchier. 



5 comments:

Photography classes San Francisco said...

Your blog is very nice.

Infoholic Research said...

The birds in the pictures are amazing.

Patsi said...

All so lovely.

Sammy's mom said...

So glad to see you posting again. I'm a fellow bird, flower, animal, nature lover. I hate seeing all the fences down. Was in Peoria yesterday and took the long way home. I thought I'm driving straight up America's breadbasket. All the green was beautiful but I was looking for fences myself and don't think I saw a one. Sounds like you have a lovely wren!

troutbirder said...

Hmmm. Somehow I miss that you had posted again. Very good. And its been cool, wet, and very green this summer here as well in Bluff Country...;)