Saturday, March 14, 2015

Mud Time

Snow melts and mud replaces it.  The ground is frozen a few inches below the surface so there is no place for the water to go.  



Nasty, boot sucking slime.  Just another cycle we have to get through every March. 


 I love my Sloggers.  So easy to clean, just hose the mud off.  They are one bright red spot in an otherwise trying time.  

Wish they made Sloggers for dogs.  

Now I know how Mom felt when three kids and a big dog sloshed into the kitchen without removing our boots or even  wiping them on the mat.  I can still hear her complain, “Out, out, out.  Take off those boots.  I could grow potatoes on this kitchen floor.”  This must be payback, Mom.  



8 comments:

Indie said...

That will be our ground in another few weeks whenever all this snow melts. My last year's rain boots fell apart, so I need some good ones this year!

Rose said...

Hahaha, I know exactly how you feel, Marnie:) I mopped the kitchen floor the other day because it was so filthy from the first day of dogs excitedly digging in the mud, and by the end of the day, it needed cleaning again! Doggie sloggers sound like a great idea; maybe some inventive person could come up with some. Love your bright red Sloggers!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hello, Just got home from a nice trip to Arkansas to celebrate George's birthday. I will blog about it tomorrow.

Now--it's time to start working in the yard, cleaning up all of the 'junk' from the ice storm. What a mess!!!

I need some of those boots. It's muddy here too. BUT--the sun is out today!!!!! Yeah. And we have some Crocus in bloom.

Hope you are doing well.
Hugs,
Betsy

BeadedTail said...

Ick! Our sisfur Sadie loved mud puddles but we sure don't!

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Oh to have your mud. We are dry again. Cute boots by the way.

Lowcarb team member said...

It's always the same after snow - the clearing up looks so messy.

Love the colour of your boot.

All the best Jan

Nan and =^..^= said...

That made me smile! We are already having a muddy sinkable driveway during the day and by evening it solidifies with the colder temperature. Sure does make a mess of shoes, boots and floor. Still have a lot of snow to melt so I know it will get worse.

troutbirder said...

Mud sucking slime indeed, he says as one of the often caught kitchen trespassers. My lame defense was always "I forgot."